Thursday, June 10, 2010

The End of the Year

We are marking exams all day at school. I am anxiously learning what my group of students can produce when motivated.

When demotivated or bored I know well what they produce.

Sometimes people talk about putting out fires at work in a figurative sense, this year I literally put out fires at work. Usually the fires were not malicious and stemmed from bored students, a long day and a smoking culture that leads to the possession of cigarette lighters by almost everyone.

Also, apparently, there are a lot of things that can be lit on fire: hair, desks, juice boxes, and, to my greatest dismay - newly printed work sheets.

Despite this, I think they actually did pretty well.



"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.


"Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.


"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.


"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment