Sunday, May 30, 2010

What am I doing here?

All too often funny things happen while living abroad. Right now, I am living abroad in Turkey. I try to write these memories down in various journals, or on pieces of scrap paper or post it notes stuck randomly to walls in my apartment or on my desk at work.

Also, as a teacher all too often funny things happen while in the classroom. Usually I try to remember these things by making notes on attendance lists or in my teacher notes or by calling my mom to tell her (hoping that she will remember these things when I eventually forget).

These instances, not just of funny things, but of interesting, unusual, learning - experience, whoa moment type things remind me what I am doing here. Here as in the middle of no where Turkey sense, here as in the, wow I've decided to invest a great deal of my life in teaching sense, or here in the more metaphysical, what does it all mean sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment